The Magic Community
1. Determine the desired spell effect which will determine the complexity of the spell.
2. If complexity > Lore, prepare: make up the deficit by invoking aspects, making declarations,
accepting or inflicting consequences, or skipping scenes.
3. Decide how many shifts of power you want to put into the spell. Take 1 mental stress, plus 1 for each point of power greater than your Conviction modified by any power bonuses from a focus item.
4. Roll Discipline to cast the spell, plus any control bonus from a focus item. The difficulty is equal to the power of the spell. This roll is also used for targeting if you’re aiming it at a target. If you do not meet or beat the difficulty to control, the margin of failure turns into shifts of backlash (bad things happening to you) or fallout (bad things happening to everything else).
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 each exchange until total power equals complexity